Powered By Blogger

Sunday 8 November 2020

"Mount Sinai" - A Poem by Christina Joyce Kotha

 


Mount Sinai


Dark sky, twinkling stars; 

'Twas like a never ending journey to Mars. 


Chilly air, giant rocks 

On the path I trekked, wearing Crocs. 


Stopped by the tiny wooden tea spots, 

Where ancient lovers drew many hearts. 


That place gave me utmost warmth, 

Especially when an Egyptian offered me some broth. 


When I reached the top of the mountain, 

It made my heart gush like a fountain. 


Gazing at the moon so near, 

Made that moment extremely dear. 


Learning about the ancient glory, 

Every other thing was nugatory. 


As I walked down from the mountain top, 

The beauty of the sun rise made me stop. 


Thanking God for his splendid creation, 

I wanted to stay there for generations. 


My heart was filled with so many memories, 

That became the cornerstones of wonderful stories. 


Thus, it was one heaven of a ride 

On Mount Sinai. 

                                                - Christina Joyce (BtCFs)

8 comments:

  1. Loved every single word!!! Felt so surreal. Keep writing girl...you have a great future ahead!!!

    Hoping for you to climb every mountain, swim every ocean and achieve great heights.

    Lots of love my little one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work chriss.
    I wish u will do more.
    God bless u abundantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U penned down your experience very beautifully Christy.. keep continuing...

    ReplyDelete