Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 November 2020

"In The Air" by Tirumala Tejasri



In The Air

They said love was in the air 

How could it be? 

I couldn’t smell it. 


The rising sun couldn’t banish the chill in the air. 

I hugged myself for warmth and nodded 

To the chirping melodies from my balcony

Greetings from bird to bird before they flew in hope to touch Heaven.


Then the sky broke to wet the roads, 

A pack of dogs huddled together to protect each other from the rain. 

I heard a baby cry in my neighbour’s house 

Her mother held her in her arms 

And spoke of dreams and the sky and the rain. 

The baby’s smile was warm enough to change my mind. 


Love is abstract and endless.

Love is in everything that lives and doesn't. 

Love is in the air.

                                                     - Tirumala Tejasri (BtCFs)

No comments:

Post a Comment