Powered By Blogger

Friday 17 February 2017

Against All Odds: A True and Inspiring Narration by Deeksha Reddy

 
Colours of life!


 Life teaches lessons through experiences.
 I was 9 years old when my dad passed away. It was not very clear to me, but I was aware that he would never come back to play with me, to teach me how to ride bicycle or to get me chocolates every evening. I thus continued my lonely life in my small village.

On growing up, I was brought to Hyderabad.  It was really difficult for me to mingle with others. I was admitted in the secondary school. I luckily found a friend who used to clarify my doubts, but soon she left the school. One again, I was all alone . I had no friends.  So, I started enjoying my own company. I used to paint, sing songs and vividly dream about fairies who would bring back my dad, one day.
 Sometimes it left me sad, but somewhere, deep in my heart, I had the hope that life was like a cycle, and may be one day, the people that I lost, would come back to me. 

Bridging all difficulties!

My mom is a strong woman. She has taught me a lot about life. Her words have always given me the courage to face any emotional or physical problem. I suffer from a very strange condition. I freeze in a pause state when any accident happens before me or a loud sound strikes my ear drums. I feel as if the earth under my feet is crumbling. I often forget my way home and is left stranded on the streets. 

Dreams unseen

This problem of mine, has worried my mom a lot, especially when it  came to choosing my higher education. I was really interested to do forestry but the colleges were really far and my mother was unwilling to send me away. 
She chose a near by college for me. I joined in a course which she chose. I really hated it. But with time, I started to think about my problem and her decision made sense to me. 
I have decided to try and heal myself. 
Now, I am able to remember the ways.  Even though I have to work very hard but it's really worth the effort. I am also trying to come to terms with the course that I am studying right now. I am kind of loving to know about food and nutrition. I am a food lover and always discuss about food with others. I have decided that I will take up P.G in Food and Nutrition and specialize in children's food and diet. And, I think I will enjoy that job a lot. 
Life as I said before is a cycle, and even though I did not like the way my life began, I think I have come to  kind of love it. 
Life is offering me many opportunities and I am ready for them. My years of isolation have made me know myself and love myself and thus, I have resolved to do the best for myself and my Mom!
And I sang like a lone bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment