Powered By Blogger

Friday 7 January 2022

"X" - A Narrative by Aishwarya Lakkakula, BA, III Year 

Picture Credit: Special Arrangement

                                                                         X

                                  I woke up from my dream of a night long canoodle and smiled a second, at my dark circles in the mirror. I needed some D vitamin and I knew it was a brass monkey morning.

                                  I walked to open the door; I was hot and the handle couldn't bear my static charges. I stepped out of the door and you know I smiled. I smelled you and felt you.
                                  Now I ran to open the door. I canoodled our mispronounced off-shoulder rag and you smelled the same from past, 'x to x'.
                                  I slept - smelling you, it was not morning. I woke up from my dream to sleep again.


                                                                                                    ~ Aishwarya Lakkakula (BA)

No comments:

Post a Comment