Powered By Blogger

Saturday 29 August 2020

"Let Her Breathe" - A Poem by P. Keerthi Chandrika





Let Her Breathe


An innocent little baby, smelt the earth;

Is my birth a curse? An impurity?

Started fighting a war till my last breath;

The same war that every little girl had to fight.


Why the placards, slogans, marches?

Through how many generations must they be carried?

Let me breathe for once, not suffocated by the society.

My dreams were burned to ashes in the name of security.


God created beautiful lives, no rules.

The shameless society created walls,

Declared me weak.


Present me as a police officer, a pilot, a teacher, a doctor,

The President, an IAS officer, a nurse, a CEO, a farmer, an army officer, a caretaker.

This me has fought against the strong walls,

And stood as the world’s role model.


Never underestimate her dreams because she is a girl.

Don’t just save a girl child,

Let her breathe and be free and achieve her goals;

Destroy the unnecessary walls the society created. 


                                              -P. Keerthi Chandrika (BSc MSCs)

No comments:

Post a Comment