Powered By Blogger

Saturday 8 August 2020

"They Call It Love" - A Poem by Mariya Fatima


They Call It Love

I am battling with it:
Every minute, every second, every moment of my life;
It is slowly and steadily dripping—
Dripping into my blood, mixing with it;
Entering my nerves and veins, travelling
All over my body, from the heart to the brain.

It's paining; I feel like I might fall apart
It’s paining as if someone has stabbed me in my heart.
I keep running away from it; I don't want to face it
Because the pain is unbearable,
Now that it has entered every cell of my body;
It pricks me to the very core.

I try to escape, to run away as far as possible,
But it ain't that easy;
Because every time I try to run, it drags me to itself.
I can never predict when it's coming,
As it creeps up suddenly, within no time
Making me feel worse with every breath of mine.

And I,
 I find myself helpless; 
I try to part myself from it,
But it seems never ending;
I cannot describe it enough:
It is much more than grief & pain.
But they, they call it love.

                                       - Mariya Fatima (BA 
1st year)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent 👌. Portrayed the theme of love and pain engulfed.

    ReplyDelete