Powered By Blogger

Sunday 5 June 2022

"I FELL... FALLING FOR YOU" - A Poem by H. Laxmi Priyanka, BA, Final Year


Picture Credit : Special Arrangement


 I FELL… FALLING FOR YOU


You were the beats to my heart,

The lyrics to my song.

You were the sweet essence to my cake,

The one you love, when I’d bake.

Seconds, minutes, and hours passed,

So did days, months, and years.

You did not care a tiny bit when you left,

Breaking me and my heart, bit by bit.

And yet, you’re the one I always run back to

Whenever my heart seeks solace...

I deemed you to be my ‘Mr. Perfect’,

Like a perfect blend of sweetness,

With a tint of wilderness.

I thought it was with you where I belonged, 

For you were the beats to my heart.

                                                                                      ~ H. Laxmi Priyanka (BA)

No comments:

Post a Comment