Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 6 February 2019

Flowers and Fathers: Poems By Tahreen








Blossoming Life
They come in different colors,
And weave a charming garden for others.
They come in blue,
They come in pink.
Their petals give a clue,
Of their genetic link.
Children view them as a toy,
Youngsters take them as joy.
Lovers find them alluring,
While the old find them soothing.
Their sweet-smelling fragrances,
And their honey-sweet nectar.
Some pluck them to study,
While some pluck them as a hobby!
Red, yellow, white, purple,
Violet, indigo and mauve of lilacs.
Decorating houses, hair, clothes
And carriages drawn by horses!
The poor sell them for their living,
The rich wear them for their glamour.
Daffodils, roses, lilies,
Sunflowers, lotuses and tulips.
Jasmines, lavenders, orchids,
Blossoming life beyond limits!



My Father
The one who taught me to live,
And the one who taught me to love God.
The one who helped me when I was down,
The one who always knew the reason behind my frown.
He always held me up,
And never let me down.
The only one after my mom,
The only one with me in a storm.
The one who never cared for his needs,
The one who taught me about good deeds .
Oh Daddy!
I'm happy to have you,
'Cause in my book of love,
You're chapter one!
- Tahreen Fatima.

No comments:

Post a Comment