Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 28 December 2016

I Found Myself: Avani Rawal talks about Quills Literary Club


Since my childhood days I was keen on reading novels, and subsequently it developed into a favorite hobby. After a few days of joining this institution, I came to know about Quills Literary Club. Enthusiastic to know more, I went through the blog and found some amazing works by my fellow college friends. I found it to be a platform to showcase my talent and also as an opportunity to improve further.
I felt enriched and motivated through expressive writing and I was interested to be a part of many such endeavors. Being a part of this cub has also helped me improve my communication skills. I’m also grateful to the literary club for inspiring me to inculcate another parallel passion which can take me ahead.

 The hidden talent of creative writing was discovered by Q.L.C. and I cannot thank enough the faculty of the English Department for unearthing this talent within me. It has indeed introduced the complete me to myself. The literary club of R.B.V.R.R. Women’s College provided me with the privilege of picking out a few pearls of wisdom that were spread across the Q.L.C.’s meetings to celebrate the life and works of the literary gem, Mahashweta Devi. It was indeed a great eye opener to know about not just her valuable literature, but also her social work, achievements and her devotion to the development of rural women through her work.  It made me think she was ahead of her times and her stories and books are still relevant in the Indian society today. 
Also, the recent workshop conducted by the Q.L.C. on theatre and performing arts helped me become more expressive, confident and outspoken about my thoughts and opinions. These experiences at the Q.L.C. will always be cherished by me throughout my journey as a student and I look forward to many more enriching experiences through the Q.L.C.
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment