Powered By Blogger

Sunday 26 July 2020

"The Silent Screams" - A Poem by Asfiya Khanam


The Silent Screams



It was time for me to go to bed;
The weather was good; and I, in a cool, pretty shed
Switched off the lights, was waiting for the dawn,
Extremely excited to meet my best friend in a beautiful lawn.

Then the rain got heavier, winds were high
That was the time for me to die.
I wished to meet her once before I go
And then I heard the dead bodies start to flow.

She completed me; I was a whole,
She was the one with whom I bound my soul.
I was screaming loud that night,
My life was dark, I wasn’t ready to fight.

My heart was bleeding, I was frightened;
I lost everything and my life can never be brightened,
I heard the screams and they were loud,
I started to weep, then I heard the clash of cloud

Nothing was left other than hope
The only thought stuck was, “Should I elope?”
I screamed so loud that I started to cough
And that was a dream that I dreamt of.

                                                                          -Asfiya Khanam 
(BtCFs 3rd year)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Asfiya Khanam I am your BIG fan and I have read all of your publications. I have no words to express my joy after reading eaxh of u r great thoughts.

    Ajmal Moin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asfia you have such a great talent and words not only touch me but impress me.keep writing expressing and touching your souls.my best wishes are always with you dear.best of luck for future.

    ReplyDelete