Powered By Blogger

Sunday 6 March 2022

 

"LONELY" - A Poem by Shalini Devi Dakoju, BSC, FNZC, III Year


Picture Credit : Special Arrangement


LONELY


In this fast-paced world, I needed to reach somewhere,

I wanted to look at you, so I sat right there.

Thoughts are fights with deep despair;

Every single nerve in me says, 'You don't care'.


Always trying to reach you,

Waiting to find you, searching to see you.

Endings are not the happiest except on-screen,

And the journey I dreamed with you is surely, unseen.


Turning the pages on my diary,

I realized they are oh! So heavy.

The truth, the myth and the weight I put on the levee,

It scattered into pieces,

Leaving me expectedly, lonely.

                                                                                       ~ Shalini Devi Dakoju (BSC, FNZC)

No comments:

Post a Comment