Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 February 2022

"ONE AND A NINETY NINE PERCENT" -  A Poem by P. Navya Sri, BA, III Year


Picture Credit: Special Arrangement


ONE AND A NINETY NINE PERCENT


When I did not know what love meant,

I loved you with all my soul.

Now that I know what love means,

You aren't here with me.


There are many that are after me,

Forcing me to accept their shallow love.

I don't know what about me, enthuses them;

Such follies are entertained in inventory rumors,

They have no access to my heart any longer.


Now, I think of my dignity -

Because of you and for you, my love.

You just stopped at that one percent,

Yet I am here, at a ninety nine percent -

Obsessed with your smile, your words;

I levitate by thoughts of you and your feelings.


                                                                                                      ~ P. Navya Sri (BA)

1 comment: