Powered By Blogger

Sunday 23 May 2021

"The Truth" - A Poem by Aishwarya Lakkakula

The Truth

The very life beyond the Satyuga,
The very thirst beyond the Dharmachakraparivartana,
The very violence beyond the Satyagraha,
Is one - the Truth - a popular make up.

I am not Harischandra, Buddha or Gandhi.
It's me and to me,
The Truth is not selling the better half to the grave
As if that Half was not heartfelt but just a 'Rebecca'.

To me the Truth is not leaving the promised Rahul
As if it was the child's mistake to land in the cradle by himself.

To me the Truth is not hanging the revolution with a feather of dove
As if the bloody silence was to hoist the monarchical peace in the dark.

To me the Truth is to be Humane.
To me the Truth is to tie a cent-knot to the word.
To me the Truth is the Equilibrium of 'Do' and 'Say'.

Truth is that I hardly speak
As it is to me the Ban love for you in the Pacific trench of my heart
That the coy cannot be expressed now and ever.

                                      - Aishwarya Lakkakula (BA)

No comments:

Post a Comment