Powered By Blogger

Sunday 28 March 2021

"Revolution" - A Poem by Aishwarya Lakkakula


Revolution

Dark clouds collide with pride.
Lightning that gushes out of my perennial crown
Kisses my free hands, drenching them in the ichor of a scion.

I am proud that the white theft of milk from my dark breasts is bombed in red.
I am proud to be bathed in the burning blood of my youth.
I am proud that thine only love is this mother draped in the tricolour.

I am proud that thou shalt wed the bride of death to decorate the garland of martyrs.
Thy lion marches towards the end of the licking alien dogs at my feet.
Thy saffron graces through my crown of stars that shine to sacrifice.
"Jeena hai toh marna seekho,"
and your mother cries, " Inquilab Zindabad!"

                                                         - Aishwarya Lakkakula (BA)

No comments:

Post a Comment