Powered By Blogger

Sunday 29 November 2020

"Epilogue" - A Poem by Tahreen Fatima



Epilogue

The silver moonlight shined through the window, 

Luring me out of my bed. 


Sleepily, I watched the silent show, 

Of the twinkling stars, and the darkness people dread. 


The hooting of an owl and the flapping wings of a bat, 

The chilly breeze, whistling through the trees. 


The dark clouds hovering by, 

And the glimmering stars in the sky. 


An aurora then wiped out the darkness 

A pleasure to a soul in distress. 


The changing colours, a plethora of feelings: 

Sorrow, joy, fear and brave awakenings. 


Uncountable mistakes, made without a second thought, 

Now I see how hard my soul fought. 


A war between wants and wrongs, 

Intensified with unheard songs. 


Childhood and teenage - the wonder phases of life, 

Adulthood, as I realised, is the phase in which we strife. 


The show ended, leaving me dumbfounded, 

I stood still with my feet firmly grounded. 


A minute ago, I was just a child;

Now, I’m an adult, chasing dreams in the wild! 

                                                                - Tahreen Fatima (BtCFs)

2 comments:

  1. This is so amazing!! Really gives the vibes of turning into an adult! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice way of expressing an epilogue of changing the lovely and wonderful phase of life from childhood. Heartily greetings to Tehreen from grandpa.

    ReplyDelete